Friday, December 19

Poem written by a good friend of mine, Chris Mercieca

you dont know what you do to me
you make me want to forget the history
felt like we had sumthin
now its there no more
needed each other in life
i dont know i dont know
i cant take it any more

why must it always be so complicated
just want to live my life
just want to end the strife
and move on
already did that though
just to fall again
back down the same old road
so familiar now
might aswell call it home

open your eyes to the disillusionment
only hearing what you want to hear
only seeing what you want to see
thinking you had it all
just to find out the truth
and the emptiness shocks you
the feeling chokes you
and you want it all to stop

funny thing is these weren't some selfish dreams
just dreams of true love, pure love
and yet it seems that to me
this love shall never be returned

but don't go thinking that way
life moves on, you finally move on
gaining new hope
seeing the light after the rain
only
to fall again

and yet i feel
there's a different everlasting hope out there
someone who has this unending love for me
just waiting to be discovered
God teach me how to love You
how to give my life to You
leave it all in Your hands
You have a plan for us
though it takes us down roads we will never understand
for You work in the most mysterious of ways
Lord all i need is You
All I need is You.

2 comments:

. said...

wow..boy's got talent :)

Chris said...

lol thanks :)