Wednesday, October 1

Reflections...

why do we sometimes let significant things slip our fingers? why do we forget those times which were once those we really longed for all along? why do we find it hard to refrain from what we're doing and let the world stop for a moment, so that we'll really consider when was the last time we really felt at peace? how come we change so much, in a small span of time? why do we forget what truly gave us the sense of belonging, in order to look for it somewhere else? why is the past sometimes not as meaningful to us as the present? is it because we're too busy worrying about the future of the present, without really taking in the full beauty and significance of the present? what will become of us, sometimes we ask, without really knowing what we are now... where is the happiness of the past, sometimes we wonder, without really grasping the beautiful meaning of the present... why have things changed through time,(we ask), is it because it was meant to happen, or because we've let it slip through our fingers like sand? what will become of me, sometimes i ask, if i let my life slip through my fingers? what would i say, sometimes i ask, if i lose my grip? what would i do if the things i've always dreaded would actually happen? would it be the beginning of a storm, or a drizzle of rain followed by a rainbow?

but then i think of myself next to the One most high, and wonder why i even ask questions which would have already been answered... like You had said to Isaiah,

8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD.

9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts. (isaiah 55: 8)

and You promised another of Your beloveds, Jeremiah, that You've got the future in Your hands..

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (jeremiah 29: 11)

and again, You're promising another child of Yours... You've told me that You'll lead me, wherever i go, if i'd just let You, You'll control the storm without hesitating, You'll love me without thinking twice!!

what if i were as innocent and trusting as a kid? life would be much easier!!





1 comments:

Lulu said...

very well written, i enjoyed reading it

lulu